Thursday, September 10, 2009

Another Prayer Request

Boy, we sure have been asking for a lot of prayer lately. This time it's for Kevin and I. Some of you that were at Curtis' party know about Kevin, so for the rest of you when Kevin went in for his physical a couple of weeks ago, the doctor noticed a nodule on Kevin's prostate. Kevin had to go get his PSA levels checked out to see if he has cancer. We are still waiting for those results. Well on Saturday, my neck starting hurting like I had been hit. On Tuesday, my neck started swelling, so we went to urgent care to get it looked at. The doctor told me that I have a lump on my thyroid, so I will be going in tomorrow to have my TSH levels checked out and on Wednesday the 16th, I will my having an ultrasound. Surprisingly I am at peace, but I am concerned about the kids. Curtis cried all the way to urgent care because he thought that I was going to die (he is so sensitive about things). We had a talk about death and what was going to happen. If this turns out to be a cyst or a tumor it will need to be removed and I want to make sure that the kids are going to be okay. Thank you all for praying, we really appreciate it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We are praying Candie! I know you guys seemed to have been hit with a lot of things. I so admire how you guys are standing strong in the Lord. It is such an encouragement to me. We love you guys.