Monday, October 11, 2010

Catching Up: Part 4

Alrighty, so today I'm going to talk about this cool celebration that our city has called the Fire Muster. They have this celebration every September with a fire truck parade on Saturday and the community parade on Sunday. We went on Saturday and let me tell you, the fire truck parade was so cool! I felt like a kid getting all giddy with excitement waiting for the parade to start. I think I was more excited than the kids at one point :) What an awesome parade!! I've never seen so many fire trucks in one place in my whole life. I took about 100 pictures, just of the fire trucks. After the parade, we went to the civic center to look at the trucks up close and see the demonstrations. The kids got to play on some of the trucks and try on the fire fighting gear. They even got to pick out their own fire hat to take home. Here are some pictures of that awesome day!

Here they come!!
This is a truck that goes into buildings that are unstable.
The mobile command unit
The hook and ladder truck
Old fashioned fire engine
Old fashioned ladder truck. This was Kevin's favorite.
The auto extraction demonstration
This is one of my favorites of the kids.
The kids shooting water from the fire hose.















No comments: