Friday, April 6, 2012

Thief

I am a thief, I am a murderer

Walking up this lonely hill.

What have I done? No, I don't remember.

No one knows just how I feel.

And I know that my time is coming soon.


It's been so long, oh, such a long time

Since I've lived with peace and rest.

Now I am here, my destination

I guess things work for the best.

And I know that my time is coming soon.


Who is this man? This man beside me

They call the King of the Jews.

They don't believe the He's the Messiah

But somehow, I know that it's true.


They laugh at Him in mockery

And they beat him 'til He bleeds.

And they nail Him to the rugged cross

They raise Him, they raise Him up next to me.


My time has come and I'm slowly fading.

I deserve what I receive.

Jesus when You are in Your Kingdom

Could You please, please remember me?


And He looks at me still holding on

The tears fall from His eyes

And He says I tell the truth.

Today, you will be with Me in paradise.

And I know that my time, yes, my time is coming soon.

And I know that my time, yes, my time is coming soon.

And I know Paradise, Paradise is coming soon.



This is one of my favorite Third Day songs and expresses the beauty of today so well. God loved us so much that He sent His son, Jesus, to die on the cross for our sins, so that we can be with him in Paradise, forever. Remember that as you go about your business today.

No comments: