Monday, October 27, 2008

Weekend Alone

Kevin and I had a wonderful weekend alone. No kids. No tantrums. No fighting. It was heaven. The kids spent the weekend with my mom and step-dad. It was the first time that we have been alone since Lauren was born. I must say, though, when my mom was driving away with the kids, I cried. It didn't help that Lauren started crying when Kevin was putting her in the carseat. It's normal, I cried the first time that Curtis went to stay with my mom for the weekend. Anyway, Kevin and I finally went to the movies, woo hoo!! We saw The Mummy and boy was that a good movie, lots of action. We also went to storage to get my maternity clothes, since I no longer fit into my pants! We finally got Lauren a carseat, so that we can move her out of the infant carrier. Yes, I said infant carrier. My little girl is small. At her 12 month check up, she weighed a little over 18 lbs, so the doctor told us to keep her in the infant carrier. We are really looking forward to putting her in the new car seat, she is getting heavy. Curtis is looking forward to Halloween so that he can go to our church's Harvest Fair and go in the bounce house. Curtis is going to be Buzz Lightyear again (no surprise there), and Lauren is going to wear Curtis's old Squirt costume. They are going to look cute. I will post pictures next week.

No comments: