Friday, December 4, 2009

Rock and Hard Place

I'm sure many of you have heard the expression, "stuck between a rock and a hard place." Well Kevin and I feel like we are living this expression. We have been living with tight finances for a couple of years now since Kevin stopped getting his raises and health insurance keeps getting higher and higher and rent keeps increasing. We hardly have disposable income and most months we have to take money out of savings to get groceries and necessities. No matter what we are always obedient to tithe and the Lord blesses us for that. We are so thankful that we have a roof over our heads and food on the table, but it is geting so hard to make it out here. We kind of feel like we are in a desperate situation to get out of California before we end up in the poor house. I feel so bad for Kevin because he works so hard and he is being taken advantage of and making peanuts for what he does. He has little panic attacks every morning because he dreads what's going to happen at work. As the wife and mother, I am supposed to stay strong and hold everyone together, but it gets hard sometimes. We had to drop our dental coverage this coming year because we can't afford it and we just found out that Kevin's work didn't turn in the paperwork on time so medical and dental are still being deducted from Kevin's paycheck, which means we now have no disposable income. We have no idea when this will be resolved and it just makes me want to cry. I know that the Lord has a plan for us and wants to prosper us, but it's just so hard to believe that sometimes. I have been chewing on this piece of scripture from James all week. This is James 1:9 The brother in humble circumstances ought to take pride in his high position. This struck me as odd and I'm still trying to comprehend it. I sure don't feel like we are in a high position, but I guess compared to people in third world countries, we live like kings. I need to keep reminding myself of that. Even though this place here on earth is hard, we have our Rock, Jesus Christ, to sustain us.

On a happier note, starting Monday, I will be doing a week long showcase on my hobbies/crafts that I have done over the years, so stop by next week and hopefully you will get inspired. Have a great weekend!

No comments: