Thursday, September 13, 2012

New School Year

The school year is in full swing with lots of adjustments. It's hard to believe that I have two kids in school...where did the time go? Lauren loves kindergarten, but is pooped by the time she comes home (kindergarten is a full day out here). Curtis is thriving in his second grade class. He loves his teacher and is making many new friends. I have had to adjust to having one child at home and let me tell you, it's hasn't been as easy as I had hoped. I think Claire is having a hard time adjusting to being by herself. It was fun at first, but now she is getting bored and wants to go to preschool. I'm hoping to get her into the pre-k class next year, but in the meantime, she will just have to accept me as her playmate! I did take this time to crack down on Claire's potty training and last week was very rough. She fought me constantly and just when I was about ready to stop and regroup, it clicked in her brain and we haven't had any problems since. It is so nice to have everyone out of diapers now, but also kind of sad. Reality has hit that I no longer have any babies, and before I know it, they will all be teenagers!





I do want to talk about the kids' school. I am very impressed with the teachers and the staff. Their philosophy is to treat the kids like their own and they love on the kids. The teachers are always hugging the kids and even the school secretary tells the kids that she loves them! This year they are encouraging positive behavior, so if they see a child doing something good, they get a reward. The other cool thing is that during morning announcements, they have a moment of silence and if you are walking in the hall, you need to stop and bow your head. I'm so glad that we are living in the Bible belt!


Alright, I will stop talking and post pictures from their first day of school.




































No comments: