Tuesday, July 21, 2009

2 Months

Well Claire had her 2 month check up today and she is a whopping 12 lbs. 11 oz. and 23 1/4 in. long. She is in the 95th percentile! That's our little pork chop! She is doing really well and she has slept through the night for two nights now. It would be nice if it lasted, but I just take it one night at a time. Claire has also started to suck on her hands, fingers, thumb (whatever she can get in her mouth). I'm hoping we won't have another thumb sucker, so we'll see what she does.

I have a question for you teachers out there. What can I do to help Curtis learn his numbers and letters? I have been trying to work with him on those and he can sing the ABC song and count, but trying to get him to recognize what the numbers and letters look like is a different story. I need to find ways to make it fun for him or he won't even bother trying to learn it. So please send me your suggestions.

I talked to Lauren's pediatrician about her upcoming appointment with the GI and he told me that they won't do the scope on the first visit, so I'm not sure what we will find out on the 31st. I will keep you all posted on how things go with her.

5 comments:

Mommy of Three! said...

Try associating letters with his favorite things. Do your own flashcards like A is for astronauts, and B is for Buzzlight Year, etc...

Glad to hear Claire is doing great. I cannot wait to get all the kiddos together.

Still praying for Lauren, as well.

Mrs. E said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Mrs. E said...

Jeremiah enjoyed picture flashcards and Alphabet & Number puzzles. Making your own flashcards would also be fun! Starfall.com & letteroftheweek.com are some websites that I've seen recommended.

We are still praying for Lauren. All the kids are growing so quickly.

Mrs. E said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Mrs. E said...

http://www.notimeforflashcards.com/search?q=letter+of+the+week

These letter of the week crafts are very fun and creative. Curtis might have fun with them! They are pretty simple, but fun!