Friday, August 29, 2008

Mr. C turns three

I can't believe that Curtis is three today. I'm still amazed at how quickly time flies. I've been thinking about the day he was born and it's still so fresh and vivid in my mind. I remember how uncomfortable I felt and how anxious I was to go through the birthing process. I was dilated at 3 cm for three weeks before my water broke and I thought that he was never going to come out! My pregnancy wasn't fun. I was sick for the first six months with bleeding for the whole pregnancy that left me on bed rest a lot of the time. At 29 weeks, I went into the hospital to have an ultrasound because the doctor thought I might have placenta previa and found out I was having contractions that were 2-3 minutes apart and was given a shot of some kind of medicine to stop the contractions. That's also when we found out we were having a boy and I'm so thankful that the nurses were able to stop the contractions, but I was put on bed rest again. I went into false labor again at 35 weeks, but asked to be sent home because nothing was happening. I remember the panic and determination to push him out when he became stuck and started to get distressed. The look on the doctor's face said it all and I didn't want to have a c-section. Thankfully the Lord allowed to doctor to get Curtis out using vacuum extraction, but boy was Curtis mad!! He came out screaming with his arms in the air like he wanted to rip someone's face off!! I will never forget that moment as long as I live. The love that I felt for him was so strong and when they placed him in my arms I just melted. Watching him roll over at two weeks old and thinking that we had superbaby on our hands. Having to take him to have his foot pricked every week for two months to check his bilirubin count for his jaundice just broke my heart. I cried every time he screamed. Praying that he wasn't going to die when he came down with bronchialitis at two months. Realizing how tiny he was as he was lying there getting his chest x-ray. Having to use a nebulizer on him to get rid of the bronchialitis was tough, but seeing his sweet smile and hearing his laugh has been so awesome to witness. Watching him take his first steps, listening to his first words, and now having conversations with him is such a blessing. "Children are a heritage from the Lord, they are a reward from him." Psalm 127:3

No comments: