Sunday, February 8, 2009

Grieving

Today we recieved the sad news that my sister-in-law's brother and his wife, Jon & Ali lost their twins after 21 weeks of gestation. I am so heartbroken and questioning God's will. I know that I shouldn't, but it just doesn't seem fair that they are being asked to stay in this valley of grief. Owen Timothy was born at about 5:30 this morning weighing in at 14.8 oz. followed by his twin brother Cooper James at around 6 a.m. weighing in at 14.1 oz. They were both 10 3/4 in. long and only lived for 19 minutes. Here is what Ali wrote in her blog today:

Hi friends...it is with a very heavy heavy heart that I write to you today to tell you that our twin boys, Owen Timothy and Cooper James, were born today at only 21 weeks. I am not going to go into detail now but will later...I just wanted you all to know that we are very sad and missing them already. They both lived for exactly 19 beautiful minutes. And we enjoyed every minute with them. They are now in Heaven with Jesus and their big sister Emmalee. Friends...I can not tell you how much my heart is hurting right now...but I have to cling to the promise that God gives to us...He will not give us more than we can bear. Jon and I have been asked to walk down this dark road yet again...and we will...this time I think it will be harder...but God is good...we know that...we cling to that...I am going to go now. I will post more later along with pictures of our beautiful boys...two boys...can you believe it! I thought for sure there was a girl in there! Oh how we love them so much and are missing them so. Please pray. And pass this blog on...we believe God is giving us a story to share and we want everyone in on it! Much love with a heavy heart...Ali

Please pray for them as they continue down this painful road and please visit their blog at www.feldmancrew.blogspot.com to pass along condolences.

No comments: