Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Anchors Aweigh

I just found out this morning that my brother, Luis, will be leaving for boot camp on Monday. I am very proud of him, as I served 8 years in the Navy and am glad I did. The funny thing is, when I got off the phone with my grandmother, I started crying, and crying hard. I'm not sure where that came from, maybe it's pregnancy hormones or the fact that I won't get to see him graduate because I will be close to my due date and won't be able to fly. My brother just turned 24 and this is the best decision that he has ever made. I was thinking back to when I was 24 and I was getting married and getting ready to get out of the Navy, and he is just starting his Navy experience. I can't wait to see him in his uniform and see how his life changes.

1 comment:

Mommy of Three! said...

Definitely keeping ALL you guys in our prayers!