Tuesday, February 10, 2009

To God Be The Glory!

The last few days have been so difficult, with a lot of questions and tears, even some screaming. It still seems like a really bad dream, that I will wake up and Ali will still be pregnant. It doesn't help that I am pregnant, so hormones and sensitivities are very high. Even though I do not understand God's will in this path that He has Jon & Ali walking through, I do know that He is in control and should be glorified, so that it what I am going to do. I have heard from both my sister-in-law Annette, and Ali's other sister-in-law Chris that Owen and Cooper were beautiful and perfect even though they were so tiny. Annette was telling me how in awe she was that they had eyebrows and fingernails. This got me thinking about Psalms 139, and I would like to share verses 13-16 with you.
For you created my inmost being;
you knit me together in my mother's womb.
I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made;
your works are wonderful, I know that full well.
My frame was not hidden from you
when I was made in the secret place.
When I was woven together in the depths of the earth,
your eyes saw my unformed body.
All the days ordained for me were written in your book
before one of them came to be.
Praise God that He is in control of everything, even when we don't understand His ways. Thank you Lord for creating us in your image no matter how small we are when we come to You. I have been praising God these last few days every time my sweet baby moves and thanking Him for everyday that I get to experience with this little one. To God be the glory!

2 comments:

Mommy of Three! said...

Thank you for sharing this Candie! I totally echo your sentiments. I ache every day for when the baby wakes up and I can feel it move around and kick. =) Even though it's usually in the middle of the night or wee hours in the morning, it is such a blessing that I have this priviledge. The baby is still pretty shy and won't kick if Tim's hand's on my tummy, so I wish he could what I do. =) Sorry about the lenghty comment. =) Thank you for being such a godly example to young women and moms. =)

Anonymous said...

I am SO proud of the godly woman you have grown into. You are a wonderful example of strength and showing how to lean on our Lord in those seeming crisis times. Love you much.

Aunt Kathy