Thursday, May 7, 2009

Letting Go and Letting God

So here we are two days into trying to get the baby to turn and it hasn't happened yet. I honestly believe that the baby is going to stay this way and I am now okay with that. Tuesday was really hard and I cried all day. Yesterday I woke up feeling really good, but today I am very uncomfortable. My back hurts so bad and the pelvic pressure is horrible. I didn't hurt like this with Curtis and Lauren, so it worries me. I have been in constant prayer over this baby and I know that God is in control, but the unknown scares me. Having a c-section is my worst nightmare come true and I know in my heart of hearts that that is what we will have to do to get this baby out safely. I almost had to have a c-section with Curtis and I worried about it constantly with Lauren which is why I chose to have her induced, so we wouldn't have to have one. I lost my trust in God and took matters into my own hands, so I guess He is getting my attention to let Him take control. I have been trying different things to get the baby to turn, but like I said, I don't think this baby is going to move. I also believe that there is a reason that this happened which will be revealed at a later time. My main focus is to make sure that this baby is safe and I'm safe, which makes me very thankful that I live in this modern age of medicine. One hundred years ago, women and their babies died during the birthing process because the baby was breeched. I am very thankful that my ob/gyn is a Christian and a high risk doctor, so I know that I am in good hands. Kevin and I have also decided that this will be our last child. We have always wanted four, but with this latest development, God has made it very clear that three is our quota, which is fine. If any of you need maternity clothes or baby stuff, let us know. Have a wonderful week!

2 comments:

Mommy of Three! said...

Hi Candie. We don't have internet at our new place yet, but I wanted to send you a message to let you know I am praying for all you guys. My mom had to have an emergency c-section with Chrissy. If you guys need anything, please let me know. Things should settle down a bit after next week. Don't hesitate to call. =) We love you guys and are praying for you.

Anonymous said...

Dear Candie, I just wanted to write a little note and let you know how proud I am of the godly young woman you have become. It blesses my heart when I hear of the trust and love you have for the Lord. May He richly bless you and Kevin for your obedience to Him. Love your aunt and sister in Christ.
Kathy