Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Life Is Good

I can't believe that Claire has been with us for five days now. We are still getting used to her and keep calling her Lauren. Curtis has corrected us a few times. The kids came home yesterday after spending the weekend with my mom and they are really enjoying their baby sister. When Lauren got up this morning, she looked in the pack-n-play and started asking where the baby was since she didn't see her in there. Curtis has to sit next to me whenever I feed Claire. He is still asking why her name isn't Zach, but he also told me that he likes Claire. I am so incredibly blessed to have such wonderful children. Claire and I had our mother/baby assessment today and Claire now weighs 7lbs. 15oz. She is also a good nurser, the best one of the three. She latches on perfectly and my breasts are so thankful, not a lot of pain and cracking with her. Kevin has been off of work since Claire's birth, which has been very nice. This is the first time that he has taken vacation after a birth. I'm enjoying every minute of it, so are the kids. Claire will have her two week check up next Wednesday and I can't wait to see how much weight she has gained. Until then have a wonderful week!

2 comments:

Mommy of Three! said...

Praise the Lord! I can't wait to meet her in person. =) Aaaahhh...makes me want to see Nathan that much more too! =)

Feldman Family said...

Congrats on Baby Claire! She looks like a cutie! Hope you're all doing well. Take care!